Starting this whole thing off as a rinky-dink DJ company Travis has strategically grown and evolved Unique Events into the company it is today. With an insane amount of work, an amazing staff and a little bit of luck Travis has emerged as an area leader of a company unlike any other. He preaches customer satisfaction to the staff and always has a watchful eye on emerging trends and offerings to ensure UE is always the first place people look for the absolute newest and freshest event offerings in the area!
- Quotes The Office more than Ashley
- Has too many animals...and fosters even more
- Probably has pet hair on his jacket
Travis Hempstead (aka the other Travis) joined the UE family as a DJ in 2011, switching lanes from being in stand up comedy to now being the best Wedding DJ probably like....EVER (just ask him). In July of 2018, he came on full-time as the Entertainment Services Director because he begged us for 5 years until we said yes! Since then we've added another role to his list of responsibilities: Overseeing our warehouse and logistics. If you're in the office for anything you'll probably hear him because he's kind of loud and really fun!! Like life with a toddler, if he's being quiet he's probably up to no good! He's a father of 3 girls and a husband of 1 wife, which just means he's the biggest softy, the most fun, usually covered in glitter and has amazing dance skills.
- He's great at handstand walks; ask for a demo!
- Scaring people in the office is his literal favorite
- In-house grill master for lunch parties
Hannah originally started with Unique Events by running photo booths and helping with event installations. Falling in love with the company, she soon became a full time employee and has played multiple roles within the company since. Hannah has found her passion within wedding & event design by being the girl who takes your event from start to finish! With a love of design, her knowledge of logistics and her eye for detail she has slayed a large number of the events we've put together!
- Has an unhealthy relationship with ranch dressing (but only the good kind)
- Loves Wu-Tang Clan
- She owns 93 pairs of shoes. Can you ever REALLY have too many?
Shortly after moving back to Iowa from Washington D.C., Glen sat across from Travis N. and was hired on the spot even though it wasn't 100% clear what his new duties would be! Since that meeting, Glen has had his hands in a bit of everything that Unique Events has to offer. From working directly with clients and designers in the Des Moines region to assisting and leading event setups for rental and design clients across the state. From operating as the Decor Rental Specialist to getting folks to smile for photo booths! And when he's not busy with those things he might also be designing the hell out of some floral, networking his butt off or creating all of the social media you have all come to love! Basically, Glen is your new best friend... it even says so on his business cards!
- Farm raised and still has farm strength
- Extra-curriculars include hot yoga, volleyball, biking, running
- If you have a bottle of wine, gin, or bourbon, or beer - Glen really is your best friend
- He thinks he's an amazing dancer (Just check the internet)
Ashley first got a taste of what all Unique Events has to offer by helping with event set ups on busy weekends. She heard of UE from her bestie Hannah Long who has been with the company since 2014. Since then Ashley has been driven to putting clients first and helping with everything from rentals, driving large and in charge company vehicles, payments, contracts, and beyond. When a client first inquiries to Unique Events she's the gal who steers you in the right direction. You'll typically find her with the dream team setting up design events or talking to potential clients!
- Expert jean folder
- Overly quotes The Office
- Never turns down a glass of wine
Erin found herself joining the Unique Events team in 2018 already being one of the areas most established industry-pros, bringing alllllll experience and expertise! Erin’s fun-loving attitude and great work ethic made quick work of her fitting in with the rest of the Unique Events family. When she isn’t being the office mom, she is busy loving on her two spunky boys that may or may not be payback for her own antics as a kid. Her customer service, event knowledge and design skills are next level! This makes for an amazing experience for each design client she creates for; all while having fun in the process!
- Unicorns are real for Erin, and are her spirit animal!
- LOVES fountain Diet Coke (almost as much as her kids) and looks forward to the day it is available as an IV Drip
- Her happy place is outside in the sun, especially on a kayak!
Growing up, Chris had a strong passion for baking and cooking for others and the creativity that comes with it. He was encouraged to follow that passion and attended three culinary schools, culminating in the opening of his own restaurant. He became involved heavily in the planning and organizing of events in the area which led him to apply with Unique Events and apply his creativity with floral. When Chris isn’t embarking on a new challenge professionally, he likes to read and spend time with his daughter and their two dogs, the perfect companions for streaming the latest movies and TV shows on Netflix.
- Generally working on a home improvement project
- Tries to learn something new every day
- Was a chef for 20 years, specializing in pastry
- Has a weakness for pizza
Kelli has worked alongside Unique Events for years, as a colleague and vendor collaborator, but she officially joined the team in 2019. She has over 10 years of experience in the bridal industry, and successfully owned her own bridal shop before transitioning into this position. Kelli is also the founder and coordinator of several large social events around the Corridor, and loves bringing big ideas to life.
- Secretly loves grocery shopping and Dateline
- Doesn’t drink caffeine, but never says no to ice cream
- Surprisingly good at parallel parking
- Always up for a Target run
- Long before she worked there, Kelli’s husband, Mike, hired Unique Events to coordinate his proposal (it was epic!) and the couple also hired UE for their own wedding. (Of course!)